It's easy to just grab the phone directory and pick the carpet cleaning company that looks the most appealing without really knowing their work. This can be a big mistake. Anyone can buy ad space, but establishing a name for quality in a community takes time, experience, and determination. Here are some helpful tips to make choosing a carpet cleaning company much more effective
Water can quickly destroy your property and leave you overwhelmed, devastated, and not knowing what to do next. Here are some tips from CBC Cleaning and Restoration on what to do when you have a water damage emergency in your home:
First and foremost, your safety is primary so check for electrical hazards and possible falling debris.You will then want to preserve, protect and secure your property and belongings from further damage by relocating them to a dry, safe place.
Mold, it’s destructive, smelly, and possibly dangerous; but preventing it is easy if you know what to do! Here are some tips from CBC Cleaning and Restoration to help you prevent mold from growing in your home:
1. Consistently check for leaking pipes: common leak areas are under bathroom and kitchen sinks as well as water supply lines for toilets, refrigerators and washing machines.
2. Make sure your home is properly ventilated: proper ventilation in your attic is especially important.
1) Act Quickly - the sooner you clean the spill, the more likely the chances of preventing a permanent stain. Remove as much of the spill as possible, scooping up semi solids with a spoon and vacuuming dry debris with a vacuum. Make sure you start with the edges of the spill and work toward the center to prevent the stain from spreading and getting bigger.
2) Blot - Don't Rub!Rubbing the carpet to try to remove a spill can cause damage to your carpet fibers. Blot liquid with a clean dry cloth or paper towels until the area is dry.
Fire can be the most destructive thing that happens to your home, even if it isn’t directly your home that’s on fire! Smoke from a nearby fire can leave your entire house smelling like… well smoke. Here are some tips from CBC Cleaning and Restoration on what to do if you experience fire or smoke damage to your property:
1. Call the fire department to put out the fire and/or determine that the fire is indeed extinguished.
Below you will find Water Damage Emergency Tips for your reference. It is recommended that you become familiar with these tips. For, when a water loss occurs, familiarity with these tips will help you respond appropriately.
Below you will find Smoke Damage Emergency Tips for your reference. It is recommended that you become familiar with these tips. If a smoke damage were to occur, familiarity with these tips will help you respond appropriately.
Determine the Extent of the Damage: 1. What was the origin of the smoke/fire? 2. What areas and/or contents were affected? 3. Are there safety/health concerns? (Electrical outlets under water, child asthma, etc.)
It is important to have the facts about mold. A little education does go a long way. We recommend that you refer to the California Department of Health Services Indoor Air Quality’s website for helpful information regarding mold in your home. You will find answers to the questions listed below.