Mold growth in new homes

Everywhere we go we can encounter mold, whether outside or inside our environments.  Allergies are a common reaction to mold in damp and wet climates; though some people are never bothered at all.  In an inside environment, however, mold can begin to grow in a closed area which is damaging in many ways.  Most people, when inhaling a large concentration of mold, can experience uncomfortable symptoms and even health issues.

Ceiling moldThere are hundreds of mold varieties which make the possibility of severe to mild health risks a likely scenario with some people.  This is amplified if spores are touched, inhaled or ingested.   Never before has mold been at greater risk and, ironically, symptoms can be triggered by new home construction materials.  Most constructions today are more tightly sealed than older homes.  When it comes to mold that can actually make matters worse if water and moisture become trapped within this perfect breeding ground for spores.  Initially, many people do not feel the effects of mold exposure but repeated long-term contact may eventually generate symptoms.

If you have purchased a new home be sure to investigate possible water sites to avoid further mold issues down-the-road.

Detecting mold in home or office:

Mold testing, especially if there is a musty odor or a visual indication is an important first step, even in newly constructed homes.  Visual evidence such as spots and/or bubbles in drywall, discolored ceilings, baseboards that have lifted away from the wall, or blackened carpet tack strips are strong indicators that water intrusion has occurred and mold may be present.  As mentioned above, sometimes just touching mold can cause a reaction.  But, in a greater sense, touching the area can also send thousands of mold spores into the air, spreading them throughout the home or business.  Residents or workers may react with sneezing, runny nose, cough, itchy and watery eyes, even a skin rash.  Many times people with these symptoms never consider they might be allergic to their environment.  People with compromised immune systems, like the elderly and babies, are at greater risk.

If you detect a moldy odor, or are experiencing allergy symptoms and you do not know the cause, testing your home through air testing and a mold inspection, especially if you have had a water leak or water disaster, would be good start.  CBC is certified in mold removal for your home or business, thereby ridding the effects of mold spores and establishing a safer environment for your family or employees.

Tags: 

Leave a review on Google

Leave a review on Yelp

Like us on Facebook

Like us on Facebook

Info

CBC Cleaning and Restoration, Inc
25042 Anza Dr.
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
GOOGLE MAP

(661) 294-2221
(818) 709-4661
(805) 530-1900

Clients

We are very proud of what we have accomplished on our clients' behalf. Below is a sampling of some of our featured clients.

         

Preferred vendor for all major insurance companies

Contact



                


SERVING SANTA CLARITA, SAN FERNANDO AND LOS ANGELES & VENTURA COUNTIES WITH CLEANING, REPAIR & DISASTER RESPONSE SERVICES