Mold risk in your home or office

It is true that mold is a natural part of our outdoor environment.  Many people have allergies living in damp and wet climates, while others are never bothered by their daily encounters with mold.  But, when mold begins to grow within a closed area like a home or business it can be extremely damaging in many ways.  If mold spores are inhaled in large concentrations they can cause serious health problems and uncomfortable symptoms.

With nearly 300 mold varieties, the chances of minor to severe mold health risks is amplified if these spores are ingested, inhaled or even just touched.  Today mold has become a greater concern than ever before.  Ironically, this is triggered by new home construction improvements.  Because homes are much more tightly sealed, water and any moisture can actually become trapped within; a perfect breeding ground for mold spores.  Therefore, homeowners who have just purchased a brand new constructed home may want to investigate possible water sites to avoid future mold problems.   Some people do not feel any effects from mold exposure initially, but after repeated and long-term contact to mold spores they may eventually experience symptoms.  

How do I know if I have mold in my home or office?

Mold testing, especially if there is a musty odor or a visual indication is an important first step, even in newly constructed homes.  Visual evidence such as spots and/or bubbles in drywall, discolored ceilings, baseboards that have lifted away from the wall, or blackened carpet tack strips are strong indicators that water intrusion has occurred and mold may be present.  As mentioned above, sometimes just touching mold can cause a reaction.  But, in a greater sense, touching the area can also send thousands of mold spores into the air, spreading them throughout the home or business.  Residents or workers may react with sneezing, runny nose, cough, itchy and watery eyes, even a skin rash.  Many times people with these symptoms never consider they might be allergic to their environment.  People with compromised immune systems, like the elderly and babies, are at greater risk.

If you detect a moldy odor, or are experiencing allergy symptoms and you do not know the cause, testing your home through air testing and a mold inspection, especially if you have had a water leak or water disaster, would be good start.  CBC is certified in mold removal for your home or business, thereby ridding the effects of mold spores and establishing a safer environment for your family or employees.

 

Tags: 

Leave a review on Google

Leave a review on Yelp

Like us on Facebook

Like us on Facebook

Info

CBC Cleaning and Restoration, Inc
25042 Anza Dr.
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
GOOGLE MAP

(661) 294-2221
(818) 709-4661
(805) 530-1900

Clients

We are very proud of what we have accomplished on our clients' behalf. Below is a sampling of some of our featured clients.

         

Preferred vendor for all major insurance companies

Contact



                


SERVING SANTA CLARITA, SAN FERNANDO AND LOS ANGELES & VENTURA COUNTIES WITH CLEANING, REPAIR & DISASTER RESPONSE SERVICES