The saying "A little bit of water never hurt anyone" does not hold true when it comes to water in your home! It is obvious the person who coined that phrase never had to deal with mold inside their house. Sure, the mold spores inside a home are probably not going to come from a tipped over glass of liquid, but circumstances such as excess condensation, water from pipe leaks, drips, or sprinklers can often lead to mold. Too much mold in one's home is not only unsightly and can cause structural damage to the house, it can also increase potential health risks, especially to those who might suffer from breathing conditions, weakened immune systems, and/or allergies. With this in mind, it is very important as soon as mold is discovered in your home that you seek out a professional to access your situation and determine the best approach for removing the mold.
Mold is ubiquitous and literally everywhere- but when it is concentrated in an enclosed area, it can become a health problem. While most commonly found in areas around the structural foundation of a house where sprinklers over spray, mold growth is also commonly found in areas such as the kitchen and bathroom where there are water sources. Moisture can create mold on bathroom walls and in tile joints, and underneath wallpaper and/or carpet. Mold spores are microscopic in size so completely preventing and blocking any mold from entering your house is near impossible. But, to avoid the development of mold, it's always a good idea to conduct annual checks for possible leaks underneath sinks, in bathrooms, outside sprinklers, air conditioning condensation lines and signs of pipe leaks.
Is There Mold Damage In My Home?
Mold in your home is something that should not be taken lightly or ignored. Utilizing a professional, certified company for mold remediation is very important when it comes to not only the structural soundness and value of your house, but the very health of everyone living under your roof, from you and your spouse or children, to even the family cat and dog. Any person or pet who breathes the air inside the house can become affected from mold, and this is why professional mold remediation is so essential.
What Should I Do About Mold Damage?
There isn't much you are able to do if you spot mold inside the house. If you notice less than 10 square feet of mold on wallpaper you can remove it, and if you detect mold in showers or bathtub areas you can wipe these surfaces with bleach. However, when it comes to areas that are not just cosmetic attributes to your home, it is necessary to contact a professional to perform proper mold remediation under containment. At CBC Cleaning and Restoration, the professional, certified staff are not only able to remove the areas of mold in your house under containment, but also repair any areas that require it.
Many believe mold only occurs due to flooding from an obvious leak, pipe burst or even a stronger than usual storm, but this simply is not the case. Mold may appear without any warning, so if you think you have mold in your house, it is always better to be safe than sorry, so contact CBC Cleaning & Restoration for any and all mold problems. They can be reached at 661-294-2221 or CBCfirst.com.